Caring Network Neighborhood Coordinator – Job Description
The Caring Network is made up of a group of thirteen Neighborhood Coordinators who serve as links between members in zip code clusters and church activities.
The purpose of a Neighborhood Coordinator is to stay in touch with the concerns of the members in their Neighborhood Group, such as illness, death in the family and other difficulties; and keeping personal information confidential.
Duties of a Coordinator
- Arrange visits to members in their home, hospital or care facility
- Arrange rides to medical appointments, church or unexpected trips
- Arrange short-term child care in emergencies
- Arrange for meals in emergencies
- Make phone calls to members and send cards and notes
- Coordinators together with the Caring Network Chair keep the minister informed as to the needs of the congregants.
- Receive names of new church members from the Chair, and update their list of members for each of their zip codes
If you’re interested, contact Janine Leland (Chair, The Caring Network)