The number of COVID -19 cases has continued to decrease from a high in early August of over 120 news cases per 100,000 and over 25% of tests being positive to 21 new cases per day and 6% of tests positive today.
The New Normal Team has recommended the following:
- Resume in-person services when the COVID-19 new case rate is below 10/100,000 and the test positivity rate is less than 5% for 2 weeks.
- Complete AV repairs and improvements to allow hybrid services.
- Everyone attending in-person services should be masked.
- Record attendees’ names and contact information to allow contact tracing.
- Practice social distancing.
- Serve food and beverages outdoors with appropriate precautions.
Because the numbers are still high, up to date recommendations published by the New York Times include the following:
Masks are now recommended for vaccinated individuals in public indoor spaces to reduce the spread of the Delta variant. Unvaccinated people should continue to mask in all public spaces.
Indoor gatherings should be avoided with people outside the immediate household, unless you are fully vaccinated. Outdoor gatherings with masks and distancing are a safer alternative.
Travel should be avoided unless it is necessary, or you are fully vaccinated.
Further information is available from the CDC:
And from Covid Act Now:
In the meantime, please get your COVID vaccination (and a booster if recommended) and be careful.