New Normal Team Update
COVID 19 cases continue to decline in the Jacksonville metropolitan area. On 10/23/21 the reported number of new cases dropped below 10/100,000 per day and the positive test percentage below 5%. If the numbers remain low until November 6, the New Normal Team has recommended in-person services are safe to resume with the following precautions:
- All members should be vaccinated. Vaccination is the best way to reduce the risk of infection.
- Vaccinated individuals can safely attend small groups.
- All persons attending UUCJ activities must wear masks and practice social distancing.
- Unvaccinated members should attend meetings, services, and other activities virtually until the incidence of COVID 19 infections are minimal (less than 1/100,000 new cases per day) in our area
- Persons who are sick should not come to UUCJ activities, should get tested for COVID-19 and if infected should seek treatment and isolate for at least 10 days.
- A contact tracing system should be set up. Leaders of small groups would be responsible for recording attendees and contacting them promptly if they have been exposed to COVID-19. Attendees at large services or other events should sign in, and the leader of that event would be responsible for contacting all attendees exposed to COVID-19.