As we look forward to safe in-person services, the New Normal Team supports the following plans to be implemented over the next several months:
- In-person services starting 11/28/21 (a priority for the entire congregation).
- Streaming services (a priority for those who cannot attend in-person services).
- Installation of AV equipment in the chapel to allow recorded and live remote presentations at in-person services.
- Installation of AV equipment in meeting rooms to allow hybrid meetings for covenant groups, committees and others who rent church spaces.
The following precautions are recommended:
- All members and guests should be vaccinated.
- Persons who are vaccinated can safely resume normal activities.
- Unvaccinated persons should attend meetings, services, and other activities virtually until the incidence of COVID 19 infections are minimal (less than 1/100,000 new cases per day) in our area.
- Because of the high risk of infection with COVID-19 variants, all members and guests must wear masks when indoors at UUCJ services.
- Before removing their masks outdoors, all members and guests should use ask others if they are comfortable being unmasked.
- Persons who are sick should stay home and contact their medical care provider for testing and treatment recommendations.
- Attendees should sign-in and give contact information so that they can be contacted if they have been exposed to COVID-19 at a service or meeting at UUCJ.
- The number of daily new cases in the Jacksonville, FL metropolitan area has decreased to 4.8/100,000 and the test positivity rate to 2.0%.
- 62.1% of the people in the Jacksonville metropolitan area have been vaccinated against COVID-19. The 37.9% who have not been vaccinated number is over 600,000 (more than the total population of the Pensacola metropolitan area).
- The number of new COVID-19 cases is increasing in many parts of the USA (and Europe) after being low for many months.