At the first in-person UUCJ service since March 2020, the New Normal Team recommends the following precautions:
- All members and guests should be vaccinated.
- Because of the higher riske of infection with COVID-19 variants, all members and guests must still wear masks when indoors at UUCJ services.
- Unvaccinated persons should attend meetings, services, and other activities virtually until the incidence of COVID 19 infections are minimal (less than 1/100,000 new cases per day) in our area.
- Before removing their masks outdoors, all members and guests should use ask others if they are comfortable being unmasked.
- Persons who are sick should stay home and contact their medical care provider for testing and treatment recommendations.
- Attendees should sign-in and give contact information so that they can be contacted if they have been exposed toCOVID-19 at a service or meeting at UUCJ.
- The number of daily new cases in the Jacksonville, FL metropolitan area has decreased to 4.6/100,000 and the test positivity rate to 2.3% (changed very little over the past week).
- 63% of the people in the Jacksonville metropolitan area have been vaccinated against COVID-19. The 37% who have not been vaccinated number over 600,000 and are still at high risk for infection.
- The number of new COVID-19 cases is increasing in many parts of the USA (and Europe) after being low for many months.