The numbers of new COVID 19 cases, hospitalizations, and deaths have decreased significantly in Northeast Florida.
The community risk level is low according to CDC calculations. The level is based on multiple factors including new cases, hospital admissions, deaths, and the health care resources available in the community.
Other factors that have led to improvements include the increased number of people who have had immunizations and / or have been previously infected. These factors represent an increase in herd immunity.
- To prevent yourself and those around you, consider:
- Stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines
- Get tested if you have symptoms.
- Masking at any time can decrease transmission. People with symptoms, a positive test, or exposure to someone with COVID should wear a mask.
- If sick with a COVID-19 infection, stay home. Seek treatment if at high risk of severe infection.
- Immunocompromised individuals may need to take added precautions
- Additional information is available at: