Our mid-sized congregation is seeking a dynamic and ethusiastic Director of Religious Exploration. The DRE will be self-motivated and a self-starter, and will work in collaboration with the minister and the RE Committee to provide leadership and coordination of all RE programming, including Sunday mornings and special events. Prefer knowledge of and ability to articulate Unitarian Universalist principles, traditions, and culture.
UUCJ is currently in search for an interim minister, following the unexpected resignation of our minister in February of 2019. We are looking forward to an exciting and dynamic two years with this new minister.
We are a diverse congregation, from all parts of the large geographical Jacksonville area, embracing diversity, community and social action, mutual learning and support, and compassion for all. We strive to support our mission:
“By serving compassionately and connecting authentically, we change the world.”
Learn more about us at https://uucj.org.
- Develop appropriate learning environment that encourages and nurtures participants
- Plan for growth, development and ongoing effectiveness of RE program
- Recruit and train/supervise teachers, volunteers, and childcare providers
- Plan and implement programming, including special events
- Collaborate with Children and Youth Religious Exploration Committee
- Publicize RE programs and events, and communicate with families and congregation regularly
- Prepare and present Story for All Ages during worship service
- Promote RE involvement in social justice and other church activities
- Coordinate and implement safety policies and procedures
- Part-time position (25 hours/week)
- Salary adheres to UUA fair compensation guidelines
- Minimum $17.78 per hour for non-credentialed religious educator
- Salary commensurate with experience and credentialing
- Paid leave and benefits
- Professional development budget
Applications will be accepted and the position will remain open until filled. We will begin reviewing applications in early July, 2019.
Include cover letter, resume, and three references.