UUCJ Women of All Ages meet Thursday, October 24, from 6:00–7:30 p.m. at the Pablo Creek Regional Library, 13295 Beach Blvd. All UUCJ women are invited.
- October 20: “G-Zero World and the Environment”–Bud Emerson
- October 27: “US Arming the Cartels”–Linda Fisher
Playing with Ideas meets 9:30–10:30 a.m. on Sundays in the Anthony Room.
Spiritual Studies meets 9:30–10:30 a.m. Sundays in the Channing Room unless noted otherwise.
October 20: God In All Worlds: Anthology of Contemporary Spiritual Writing by Lucinda Vardey. Current topic: Revelation: The Spiritual Experience.
Format: Relevant material to be read out loud by participants is provided by the facilitator or presenter at the beginning of each session, followed by a lively discussion. So, no prep or homework required, no need to purchase books, and ALL ARE WELCOME!
The Thursday, Oct. 10, meeting of UUCJ Women has been cancelled. The next meeting will be at 6:00 p.m. October 24 at the Pablo Creek Regional Library.
We meet at Books-a-Million on Atlantic Boulevard 1:00–2:00 p.m.
- October 14: The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch (004.092 PAUSCH).
- November 4: The Gatekeepers – How the White House Chiefs of Staff Define Every Presidency by Chris Whipple (973.920922 Whipple)
UUCJ Women meet Thursday, October 10, from 6:00–7:30 p.m. at the Pablo Creek Regional Library, 13295 Beach Blvd. All female members and friends of UUCJ are invited.
Join us for Stitch & Bitch September 9, 6:00–8:00 p.m., in the Social Hall! This group is for knitters, crocheters, embroidered, sewers, and all other stitchy humans. We will meet to work on our projects and chat. This is open to all levels, from curious to experienced.
- October 14th: The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch (004.092 PAUSCH). (The 14th is the SECOND Monday in October; we have rescheduled from an earlier date because several members will be away at The Mountain on that date.)
- November 4th: The Gatekeepers – How the White House Chiefs of Staff Define Every Presidency by Chris Whipple (973.920922 Whipple).
We meet at Books-a-Million on Atlantic Boulevard 1:00-2:00 pm.
- September 9th: Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neal Hurston
- October 7th: The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch (004.092 PAUSCH)
Weekday Book Club’s September meeting has been rescheduled to the week after Labor Day; we will be meeting Monday, September 9th. Our reading selection is “Their Eyes Were Watching God,” by Nora Hurston, which interestingly enough has a hurricane scene.
We meet at Books-a-Million on Atlantic Boulevard from 1:00 – 2:00 pm. ALL ARE WELCOME!
UUCJ Women of All Ages meet Thursday, Sept. 12, from 6:00 to 7:30 pm at the Southeast Regional Library, Room F. 10599 Deerwood Park Blvd.
We welcome all women members and friends of UUCJ.