Join us for three classes: Tuesdays, October 8th, 15th, and the 22nd from 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. in the Social Hall
Everything you ever wanted to know about Unitarian Universalism and the Unitarian Church of Jacksonville: UU history, common theology, philosophy of worship, program model for ministry, outreach projects, and so much more!
Loss & Transition Workshop
In the Anthony room Tuesday, October 15 at 10:30 a.m. or Wednesday, October 16 at 6:30 p.m.
Are you looking for a space share the process of coming to terms with losses of the past year and to support each other in your journeys through loss and transition? Attend one of the Loss and Transition workshops facilitated by Rev. Roberta and the Transition Team. You don’t need to sign up in advance; we will break into smaller groups after a brief presentation.
ABC’s of Transition Ministry
October 17 at 6:30 p.m. in the Anthony room
If you are curious about the ideas and theories that inform intentional transition ministry, Rev. Roberta will teach The ABC’s of Transition Ministry.
September 14th – October 19th
The Adult Religious Education Committee (AREC) of the Unitarian Universalist Church of Jacksonville (UUCJ), in collaboration with UUCJ’s, Jacksonville Soto Zen Meditation Group (JSZMG), is offering a six-week introductory Zen class from 10:00 – 11:30 a.m., starting Saturday, September 14, through Saturday, October 19, 2019 in the Anthony Room. This is the same class that is taught at UNF in their OLLI program.
The class is limited to no more than 20 participants and is open to Church members and JSZMG members at no cost; and to the public for a nominal $30.00 registration fee, payable by check or cash at the first class session.
The class is taught by Bill Mayhew, Ungan Sensei, an ordained student of Elliston Roshi, Abbot of the Silent Thunder of Soto Zen.
To register for this class please click here and complete the registration form.
We offer Religious Exploration classes and group meetings throughout the week:
- Spiritual Studies: This class studies selected readings or books on spirituality. All are welcome. For more information contact David Keel. Sundays @9:30am in the Channing Room.
- Playing with Ideas: This class meets Sundays @ 9:30-10:30 in the Anthony Room.
- We Agnostics: An AA meeting for atheists, agnostics, and others of a more liberal religious persuasion. Tuesdays @ 7pm in the Anthony Room.
- Jax Soto Zen Meditation
- Practice leaders
- Bill Mayhew (904) 891-3211
- David Raye (904) 274-2633
- Peter Schilling (904) 570-9667
- Meeting times
- Monday 7:00pm – 8:30pm. We start promptly at 7 so please arrive a little early. Practice leader arrives at 6 pm for anyone with questions.
- Saturday 1:30pm – 3:00pm. This is open sitting. No program, come and go as you like. Just meditation. Practice leader there at 12:30.
- Practice leaders