Our congregation is holding a visioning workshop, SEARCHING FOR THE FUTURE, on Saturday, FEBRUARY 8, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. with an optional lunch afterwards. Rev. Roberta Finkelstein, our Transition minister, will be the lead facilitator, assisted by many trained volunteers. The goal is to create a vision by which we can live and operate as a congregation over the next few years. Visions (and missions) are what we use to make decisions, and therefore need to be revisited regularly to ensure that they still reflect the thoughts, feelings, and goals of our membership. A significant turnout is crucial to our success. The results of this workshop will be used to clarify the goals that we present to our Developmental Minister candidates in the spring. YOU MUST RSVP in advance to participate in Searching for the Future. You can sign up online using the button below, or you can call the office to sign up (904-725-8133). Childcare will be provided; please request childcare when you register.Register Today
FEBRUARY 11, 18 & 24, 7:00 P.M. IN THE SOCIAL HALL
Everything you ever wanted to know about Unitarian Universalism and the Unitarian Church of Jacksonville.Register Today
We offer Religious Exploration classes and group meetings throughout the week:
- Spiritual Studies: This class studies selected readings or books on spirituality. All are welcome. For more information contact David Keel. Sundays @9:30am in the Channing Room.
- Playing with Ideas: This class meets Sundays @ 9:30-10:30 in the Anthony Room.
- We Agnostics: An AA meeting for atheists, agnostics, and others of a more liberal religious persuasion. Tuesdays @ 7pm in the Anthony Room.
- A Course in Miracles: A study group led by a longtime UUCJ Member. The group meets weekly. To learn more about A Course in Miracles, please visit email email@example.com.
- Jax Soto Zen Meditation
- Practice leaders
- Bill Mayhew (904) 891-3211
- David Raye (904) 274-2633
- Peter Schilling (904) 570-9667
- Meeting times
- Monday 7:00pm – 8:30pm. We start promptly at 7 so please arrive a little early. Practice leader arrives at 6 pm for anyone with questions.
- Saturday 1:30pm – 3:00pm. This is open sitting. No program, come and go as you like. Just meditation. Practice leader there at 12:30.
- Practice leaders